Today I am sharing a nice and healthy lunch box recipe idea with you: How To Make A Shredded Chicken and Baby Kale Lunch Box.
Serves: Makes 2 lunches
Takes: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1tsp peanut or coconut oil
- 1 banana shallot, finely sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp natural CO YO
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ pomegranate
- Bag of baby kale
- Small bunch coriander
- A squeeze of lemon juice to serve.
What you do:
- In a small frying pan heat the oil and gently cook the shallot and lemongrass. Once the shallot is softened add the garlic, spices and a pinch of salt and cook for a further few minutes until fragrant. Take off the heat and stir in the CO YO to create a creamy spiced mixture.
- In a bowl combine the shredded chicken, yogurt and pomegranate seeds. Divide the mixture into two containers and refrigerate.
- If you’re taking your chicken to work for lunch, take half of the kale and a few torn sprigs of coriander in a separate container and combine when you’re ready to eat and add a squeeze of lemon to serve.
- This recipe is very gently spiced so add a little extra chilli if you want to turn up the heat. Add some cooked rice for a more filling lunch.
Recipe and image courtesy of CO YO
About CO YO:
CO YO is an award-winning brand that has revolutionised the dairy-free yoghurt market by launching the UK’s first and most popular range of coconut milk yoghurts. Every product in the CO YO family is all-natural, made from whole ingredients and is free from dairy, lactose, gluten and soya. It has the highest coconut content of any coconut yoghurt available, with 99% of each pot made from nothing but pure coconut. It is the only brand that contains absolutely no preservatives, additives, refined sugar or added water.
CO YO’s range of coconut milk yoghurts are fast becoming a culinary essential, as they provide a genuine alternative to dairy yoghurt, crème fraiche and cream. The yoghurts can add texture and flavour to a range of sweet and savoury dishes, including smoothies, dips, curries, desserts and pasta sauces and is perfect to serve with muesli in the morning.