Not just for pancake day!!
We love pancakes here. We have been making them all week. Today I have a healthy pancake recipe from Linwoods to share with you.
How To Make Oat, Flaxseed & Banana Pancakes With Berry Jam:
For the pancakes –
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Linwoods Flaxseeds
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Coconut oil, for frying
For the chia berry jam –
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
To decorate –
- Coconut yogurt, coconut chips and homemade chia jam
How To Make:
1. First, make the chia jam: place the berries in a small pan with a dash of water. Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup/honey and chia seeds. Set aside for at least 30 minutes (any longer, place in a container and keep in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week).
2. Place the pancake ingredients into a blender and whizz up until smooth. The mixture should be a slightly thick batter (not too runny or too thick).
3. Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan, then add about 2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake. Use a spoon to carefully shape into a circle.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes on a low heat until the surface is a bubble and no longer wet. Carefully flip over and cook for a further few minutes, then transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes in the same way (cook a few at a time depending on how confident you are/how big your pan is)!
5. Now stack up and top with the berry jam, some coconut yogurt and coconut flakes. Tuck in straight away!
Recipe courtesy of Linwoods health foods
What do you think of this Oat, Flaxseed & Banana Pancakes With Berry Jam recipe?
Fancy trying it?