Are you looking for something new to try out over the weekend?
Do you love to eat beetroot?
I do and it is so healthy for you too.
Dan Doherty, Chef Director of Duck & Waffle, has teamed up with Love Beetroot to create new recipes packed with superfoods and brimming with flavour, perfect for sharing or side dishes. Today I am sharing another one of their dishes:
How To Make Sweet Chili Beetroot & Ricotta Filo Tarts, Nigella Seeds:
- 4 sheets Filo pastry
- 4 sweet chili beetroots, cut into 1/2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons ricotta
- Pinch chives, finely chopped
- Pinch nigella seeds
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 20g melted butter
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the tart mix, in a bowl add the beetroot, ricotta, egg, chives, nigella seeds and half the Parmesan and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter 4 ramequins and set aside for later.
- Flatten the filo sheets and brush each one with melted butter.
- Fold over itself so it’s half the size, then brush with butter again.
- Rustically put each one into a ramequin, pushing down so it’s touching the bottom.
- Divide the mix between each case.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over each one and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When ready, drizzle with olive oil and either serve in the pots or lift out so it’s released from the pot.
Recipe and image courtesy of Love Beetroot.
What do you think of this Sweet Chili Beetroot & Ricotta Filo Tarts, Nigella Seeds recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Why not try now or pin for later?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You may also like: