How beautiful has the weather been over the last few days!? We have been loving the Summery days and lighter nights. It will some be time for eating outside and having bbq’s. I can not wait!
Today I am sharing a fun recipe that would be lovely for a picnic. Asparagus & Pimento Cheese Puff Pastry Twists.These pastry twists would be lovely for any party, picnics or weekend treats.
Product: Pyrex Glass Baking Tray
Cooking time: 25 minutes
How tasty do these look?
Great for any Spring or Easter lunch time treats or any fun party ideas.
How to make asparagus & pimento cheese puff pastry twists:
- 50g grated cheddar
- 20g shallots
- 20g mayo
- 10g cornflour
- Chilli powder to taste
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Puff pastry sheet
- 6 large asparagus, woody ends cut off and peeled
- Mix the cheddar, shallots, mayo, cornflour, chilli and Worcestershire sauce together to make pimento cheese
- Roll out approximately 10cm of puff pastry and spread the pimento cheese mixture evenly onto it.
- Cut six strips of pimento cheese topped pastry approximately 1.5cm wide.
- Curl each strip around a spear of asparagus and place them onto a Pyrex glass baking sheet.
- Bake at 190°C for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the asparagus twists from the tray and let them cool on a rack.
- As an alternative, replace the pimento cheese mixture with parma ham or use both.
Fancy making some of these asparagus & pimento cheese puff pastry twists out?
Let me know in the comment box below if you get to try some.
Bake now or pin for later.
Recipe and images recipe courtesy of Pyrex.
How tasty! Fancy making some of these?
You could also mix and match with different veggies of your choice. Maybe some pepper strips?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make some.