Happy Sunday friends.
Are you enjoying the long Bank Holiday weekend or are you working today, tomorrow or both?
Are you looking for a tasty and healthy lunch idea?
Something different to try out on a weekday?
Do you love beetroot and fancy trying something a little different?
If yes,,, read on 🙂
If you’re looking for some quick and simple ways to eat with the beet, try these delicious recipes from fitness trainer Olivia Cooney.
Balsamic Beetroot And Carrot Fritters With Garlic And Mint Yogurt:
Makes 6 medium fritters
You will need:
- 250g Balsamic infused pre-cooked beetroot, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbs flour (you can use any, but I like buckwheat)
- 100g feta 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Small handful mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Garlic and mint yogurt:
- 150g natural yogurt
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
1) Place the grated beetroot and carrot in a sieve over a bowl or your sink and squeeze as much liquid out as possible. In a large bowl, mix together the beetroot, carrot, eggs, spring onions, feta, flour, mint, salt and pepper.
2) Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the fritters on a medium heat for 2- 3 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy.
3) To make the garlic and mint yogurt, simply mix all the ingredients together, and serve.
This recipe has been created by Olivia Cooney in association with Love Beetroot, more tips and recipes can be found at Love Beetroot.
What do you think?
Fancy making some of this Balsamic Beetroot And Carrot Fritters With Garlic And Mint Yogurt recipe?
Let me know if you get to make some and what your thoughts are on them.