Hot Cross Buns With California Raisins: Weekend Blog hop. Happy Good Friday. Welcome to this week’s; Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop.
This week I have a guest post to share with you. An Easter classic too, Hot Cross Buns With California Raisins.
Makes 18 buns.
How To Make Hot Cross Buns With California Raisins:
- 237ml milk
- 30g butter or margarine
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 59ml warm water (45°C/110°F)
- 600g flour
- 75g sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 200g California Raisins
- 100g mixed candied fruit
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 egg yolk, diluted with 1 tsp water
- 150g powdered sugar
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
Hot Cross Buns With California Raisins Method:
1. Boil milk; stir in butter and cool to lukewarm.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
3. Sift flour with sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in raisins and candied fruit until well coated.
4. Stir in eggs, cool milk, add yeast; blend well.
5. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Place in greased bowl, turning onto grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
7. Knock back dough, pinch off pieces, and form smooth, rounded balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place balls of dough on greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Brush each bun with diluted egg yolk.
9. Snip 1/2 inch deep cross in the centre of each bun with greased scissors.
10. Let buns rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
11. Bake at 400°F/200°C for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks for about 5 minutes.
Hot Cross Buns With California Raisins. Recipe courtesy of California Raisins.
Onto this week’s Easter Weekend Blog Hop:
To join us at this blog hop simply-
1. Link up as many of your favourite posts from the last few weeks.
2. Please follow me here if you would like to? but not essential. Let me know if you are new followers so I can hop over and follow you back.
3. Please add the welcome to the weekend blog button or add a link back to the hop in your posts, on your blog hop page or sidebar. This way others can find the hop and join in the fun too.
4. Have fun blog hopping around all new blogs that have linked up today and finding new posts to read, blogs to comment on and new followers.
5. Try to stop by a few blogs and leave a comment after linking up and comment back if someone stops by, it makes the blog hop much more fun 🙂
6.) Tweet me your links over at @clairejustineo on twitter and I will share your posts.
This blog hop has now ended. Hit the homepage for our latest blog hop.
You Might Also Like: