Do you like to eat mussels?
Bill’s have launched a brand new spring menu which includes a new ‘Good Food Fast’ section with delicious new dishes that will be served in a moment.
The have kindly let me share their Speedy Mussels with Cider Cream recipe with you.
How tasty do these look?
Recipe and image courtesy of Bill’s.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
How to make Bill’s Restaurants Speedy Mussels With Cider Cream:
- 1kg mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 300ml Bill’s Cider
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g double cream
- 30g butter
- 20ml rapeseed oil
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 bunch of parsley
How to make:
- In a heavy-based pan with a lid, heat the oil and sauté the shallots. When softened, add the garlic and butter and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cider, cream and mussels in one go and cook with the lid on for 3 minutes, until the mussels have all opened (throw away any that haven’t opened).
- Garnish with the parsley and lemon and serve with crusty bread.
If you prefer someone else to do the cooking for you, you can pop into Bill’s and let them make some for you.
Dishes on the speedy menu include Mussels with Cider Cream and fries (£11.95), Chicken Paillard with mixed salad and black olives (£9.50), Grilled Halloumi Salad with chargrilled peppers, courgette, smoky tomato and pesto toast (£11.95), Chicken Caesar Salad with poached egg (£10.95) and Ricotta, Red Pepper and Cheddar Tart (£9.95).
Our local Bill’s restaurant in Nottingham is:
15 Queen Street
Nottingham NG1 2BL
Monday – Saturday:
8am – 11pm
Sunday (and bank holidays):
8am – 10:30pm
Fancy popping in to try these speedy mussels with cider cream?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make some or if you get to visit Bill’s Resturant.