Are you looking for some healthy snacks to make up for before or after exercise?
Do you love chocolate?
Also, love beetroot?
If so I have a perfect snack for you to try out.
Today I am sharing a fitness fuel recipe created by Celebrity personal trainer and founder of Pop Up Fitness, Olivia Cooney.
“Eating beetroots is great for sports performance and delaying the onset of muscle fatigue and increasing your stamina so Olivia, keen to share her knowledge on matching the right exercise with the right nutrition has created some light bites to enjoy as either a pre or post workout snack.”
If you’re looking for some quick and simple ways to eat with the beet, try these delicious recipes from fitness trainer Olivia Cooney Chocolate Beetroot Energy Balls.
How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Energy Balls:
Makes 25 servings.
- 75g pre-cooked beetroot
- 75g rolled oats
- 100g pitted dates,
- 2 tbs nut butter
- 3 tbs cocoa or protein powder
- 1 tbs honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 70ml water
- Salt and pepper
- Mixed seeds, desiccated coconut, cocoa powder.
How to make:
- Grate the beetroot into a sieve over your sink and leave a few minutes to drain any excess liquid.
- Using a food processor, whizz the dates, nut butter and honey or syrup into a smooth paste.
- Then add the oats, cocoa or protein powder, essence and salt and blend until smooth and thick. With damp hands, shape into teaspoon-sized balls and roll into your desired coating.
- Place in fridge for 10-15 mins to firm up and enjoy!
This recipe has been created by Olivia Cooney in association with Love Beetroot, more tips and recipes can be found at Love Beetroot.
What do you think?
Fancy trying out this chocolate Beetroot energy balls recipe out?