Happy Saturday and Bank Holiday weekend.
Do you have any fun plans for the 3 day weekend?
Do you think the weather will be nice enough this weekend to make some tasty ice cream?
If it is today I am sharing a Ginger Ice Cream recipe with you. If not, not to worry as I have also got some ginger cake treats to share with you.
(Serves 2 – 4)
A delicate, fragrant ice cream, and a definite one for ginger lovers!
How To Make Ginger Ice Cream:
- 3 Large Eggs
- 45g Caster Sugar
- 450ml Double Cream
- 6 pieces of Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup – finely cut
- 5 tbsp Ginger Syrup
How to make:
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the egg and sugar mixture. Add the chopped ginger and ginger syrup and gently combine.
3. Pour into a suitable container and pop into the freezer. You will need to gently stir the ice cream after around 2 hours to ensure even distribution of the ginger pieces and maybe again after another hour. When you are happy that the ginger is evenly distributed leave in the freezer for 24 hours to set to perfection.
4. When the ice cream is ready remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
5. For extra ‘gingerness’ decorate with finely shredded pieces of stem ginger in syrup.
How To Make Ginger Ice Cream Cherry & Almond Cake recipe and image courtesy of Opies
Love the taste of ginger? How about trying this Ginger Lime Cheesecake?
Or this Ginger And Lime Drizzle Cake?
What do you think?
Fancy trying any of these ginger flavoured treats out?
Let me know if you get to make some.
Try now or Pin for later.