Recipes and image courtesy of Del Monte Europe
How To Make A Pineapple And Coconut Loaf.
With Summer just around the corner, it has me thinking of picnics in the park and eating food in the garden.
Today I am sharing a loaf recipe that is full of Summer fruits and would be perfect for making and sharing in the long warm evenings.
How perfect would this treat be for picnics, cake for after a BBQ, weekend snacks or lunchbox treats too?
Fancy making a pineapple and coconut Loaf?
How To Make A Pineapple And Coconut Loaf:
- 280g plain flour
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 435g can Del Monte® Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 1 banana, mashed
- 20g shredded sweetened coconut
- 30g sliced almonds
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 160oC/140oC Fan, Gas Mark 3. Lightly coat a 9×5-inch non-stick loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl; stir in the banana and pineapple chunks with the juice. Add to the flour mixture. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the coconut and almonds.
4. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
How To Make A Pineapple And Coconut Loaf recipes and image courtesy of Del Monte Europe.
Fancy trying this cake loaf?
Let me know if you get to try it.
Try now or pin for Summer.
What do you think?
Fancy trying any of these recipes?