Are you looking for a fruity twist on your usual sides, dips or fillings?
How about trying this pineapple and pear salsa dish out?
This salsa dish contains yummy pineapple, a crunchy pear, a nice and red pepper, 1/2 small red onion, and 1 jalapeno.
How yummy and fruity does this recipe look!?
Today I am sharing a fruity salsa recipe for sharing over the weekend. This recipe is great for weekend snacks, parties, picnics and BBQs. It shouts out Spring/Summer with its bright array of pretty colours.
15 minutes preparation – 10 minutes cooking
- 1/2 Del Monte Gold Pineapple, sliced
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in half
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup (25g) cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch of cumin and ginger, salt and pepper to taste
Serve with: tortilla chips or delicious chicken wraps or both.
How To Make Pineapple And Pear Salsa:
1. Grease grill and heat to medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle with olive oil the onions, pears and red pepper, then put them on the grill. Add the pineapple then grill everything until lightly charred all over.
3. Once cool enough to handle, remove the excess oil with paper. Devein and deseed jalapeno and dice, reserving some of the seeds if desired. Cut all the vegetable and pineapple into small dices.
4. Toss all the ingredients into a large bowl. Add the spices (ginger, cumin, salt and pepper to taste), lime juice and cilantro. If you would like it spicier, add some of the jalapeno seeds to taste as well. Enjoy with tortilla chips or delicious chicken wraps.
Recipe c/o Del Monte Europe
Fancy making this pineapple and pear salsa.
Let me know if you get to make some in the comments below.