What’s for lunch?
Do you get bored of having the same lunch every day or do you like to mix your lunchtime meal up a little?
Fancy a change from the usual sandwiches?
How about trying these Tuna Nicoise Wrap?
This quick and easy recipe is a perfect substitute of a bland butty – a wrap bursting with flavour. Great for when you are rushing around and it’s all go.
Nice, tasty and healthy too. What’s not to love?
Perfect for lunch, picnics and garden parties.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
How To Make Tuna Nicoise Wrap:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Opies capers, drained & sliced
- 4 Opies cocktail gherkins, drained & sliced
- 160g tinned tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- Small handful of spinach leaves
- 50g green beans, trimmed & cooked
- 1 hard boiled free-range egg, cut into quarters.
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp pitted black olives, sliced
How To Make A Tuna Nicoise Wrap:
1. Place the mayonnaise, capers, gherkins and tuna in a bowl, stir gently and season to taste.
2. Cover each tortilla with some spinach leaves, leaving a gap at the top and bottom.
3. Divide the tuna mixture between the tortillas; add the green beans, egg, tomato and olives. Roll each tortilla inwards to create the wraps and enjoy.
The great thing about making wraps is that you can use and veggies or sandwich fillers that you already have in your fridge.
Recipe and image courtesy of Opies
Do you like making wraps instead of sandwiches?
What fillings, sauces and veggies do you like to add to yours?
My favourite fillings are cold chicken or tuna, cheese, veggies and any sauces we have in at the time.
Would you like to try this recipe out?
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Let me know if you get to make some.