Recipe and image courtesy of Le Rustique Camembert.
Le Rustique Camembert and Hazelnut Parcels with Quick Fruit and Honey Chutney.
Le Rustique has partnered with food blogger and cheese lover Lavender & Lovage to create unique recipes combining the creamy textures of Camembert and Brie with the sweet taste of honey.
Today I am sharing Le Rustique Camembert and Hazelnut Parcels with Quick Fruit and Honey Chutney:
Using ready-made puff pastry means that these delicious Le Rustique Camembert and Hazelnut Parcels are perfect for an easy mid-week family supper, or for a lazy Saturday lunch.
Shallots and hazelnuts are gently fried in a little olive oil for a tasty twist to compliment the Camembert; the fruit and honey chutney is the final “pièce de résistance” for these flaky cheese pies, which cuts through the richness of the filling.
Le Rustique Camembert and Hazelnut Parcels with Quick Fruit and Honey Chutney:
Makes: 4 parcels for a main meal / 8 to 10 mini parcels
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 12-15 mins
Fruit And Honey Chutney:
- 500g apples and pears, cored and finely diced (no need to peel)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 50g sultanas
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 120ml runny honey (Acacia honey)
- 150ml cider apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40g hazelnuts, crushed
- 2 to 3 shallots, or half a red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 500g block ready-made puff pastry
- 1 x 250g Le Rustique Camembert, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, beaten
How To Make:
1. To make the chutney: place all the ingredients into a large saucepan and simmer over a medium to low heat for about 30 to 45 minutes, until the fruit is cooked and there is no liquid left – stirring all the time. Set to one side to cool and thicken once cooked.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the crushed hazelnuts and the shallots/onion; fry them over a medium heat until the shallots/onion are soft and the nuts are toasted. Set to one side.
3. Pre-heat oven to 220C/450F/Gas mark 7 and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
4. Cut the pastry block into 4 and place them on a floured work surface, roll each piece out into a square, about 15cm x 15cm. Divide the hazelnut and shallots/onion mixture between the 4 pastry squares.
5. Cut Le Rustique Camembert into thick slices and place on top of the mixture and then bring the corners up to the middle of the parcel, securing the pastry in the middle with the fresh rosemary sprigs. Place the parcels on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Brush the beaten egg over the tops of the parcels and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pastry has risen and the parcels are golden brown.
7. Serve immediately with the fruit and honey chutney, and salad for a light luncheon or supper dish.
Le Rustique Camembert and Hazelnut Parcels with Quick Fruit and Honey Chutney recipe and image courtesy of Le Rustique Camembert.
Fancy making some of these Le Rustique Camembert and Hazelnut Parcels with Quick Fruit and Honey Chutney?
You might also like:
Le Rustique Camembert, Fig and Basil Sourdough Toastie:
Fried Le Rustique Camembert Pieces and Nettle Pesto:
Filo Baked Le Rustique Camembert with Honey’d Pecans: