Le Rustique Camembert “Scotch Eggs” Two Ways with Honey and Mustard Dip.
Le Rustique has partnered with food blogger and cheese lover Lavender & Lovage to create unique recipes combining the creamy textures of Camembert and Brie with the sweet taste of honey.
These delicious “Scotch Eggs” hide a cheesy secret inside!
Two delicious flavours, herby pork sausage meat and black pudding, each wrapped around a cube of Le Rustique Camembert which after being deep-fried ooze seductively.
Dunk these into a tangy, sweet honey and mustard dip for a truly cheesy treat.
How To Make Le Rustique Camembert “Scotch Eggs” Two Ways with Honey and Mustard Dip:
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- x6 (400g) high meat content herb pork sausages, skinned
- x6 (400g) black puddings, skinned
- 250g box Le Rustique Camembert, cut into 12 cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g to 75g fine bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 125ml runny honey (Flower honey)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
How To Make:
1. Take each sausage or black pudding and flatten them out into a large thin round; place Le Rustique Camembert cube into the middle and bring the sides up to completely cover the cheese, making sure there are no gaps or holes in the sausage or black pudding. Gently shape them into an egg shape in the palm of your hand.
2. Dip the “Scotch Egg” into the beaten egg and then cover it with the bread crumbs; set to one side on a plate whilst you make the rest.
3. Fill a wok or a deep frying pan to about 10cms in depth with vegetable oil and then heat it until smoking hot; add 3 to 4 “Scotch Eggs”, do not overcrowd the pan, and cook over a medium heat for
about 4 minutes, turning them over halfway through cooking. If they start to brown too quickly, turn the heat down slightly.
4. Once they are cooked, drain them and keep them warm whilst you cook the remaining ones.
5. To make the dip: whisk the honey, mustard and olive oil together to form an emulsified dip.
6. Serve immediately with the honey and mustard dip.
Le Rustique Camembert “Scotch Eggs” Two Ways with Honey and Mustard Dip recipe and image courtesy of Le Rustique Camembert.
Fancy trying this Le Rustique Camembert “Scotch Eggs” Two Ways with Honey and Mustard Dip recipe?