Recipe and image courtesy of Seasonal Berries.
Superfood Strawberry And Pine Nut Salad.
I love strawberries in anything and everything and today I have a Superfood Strawberry and Pine Nut Salad to share with you.
Strawberry salad with avocado, rocket, wild rice, pine nuts and a tasty dressing.
Spring Strawberries are good-quality and enjoyable to eat strawberries from Morocco and Spain are available at this time of the year.
Spring Strawberries are delicious to taste and incredibly versatile ingredients to use in cooking.
How To Make A Superfood Strawberry And Pine Nut Salad:
- 100g of strawberries
- 1 large avocado
- 100g kale
- 150g of cooked wild rice
- 50g of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of mustard
How To Make:
- Toast the pine nuts in a small pan for a few minutes until golden then leave to the side to cool.
- Thinly slice the kale leaves into strips.
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar and mustard together with a pinch of salt and pepper. Massage the kale with this dressing for 5 minutes until the kale wilts down.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and the avocado into chunks and mix this with the kale salad. Stir in the wild rice, a pinch of salt and toasted pine nuts and serve.
Cheat: add black Thai rice instead or buy a pouch of ready cooked brown basmati and wild rice.
Superfood Strawberry And Pine Nut Salad. Recipe and image courtesy of Seasonal Berries.
Do you like to make strawberry salads?
Do you like to add any other fruits or seasonal berries to a salad?
If so, which ones do you like to add?
Do you fancy trying this Superfood Strawberry and Pine Nut Salad recipe?
Let me know if you get to make it.
Try now or Pin for the weekend.
You can find some more inspiration recipes over on Twitter just search for #SpringStrawberry
You Might Also Like:
These are great for entertaining the children: Strawberries And Sandcastles: Fun For Summer.
How about a nice and tasty salad: Superfood Strawberry and Pine Nut Salad.
These Rainbow Chicken Roll Ups are a great idea to mix up lunch.
Easy Salmon Sandwiches. Perfect for afternoon tea.
How about trying a Strawberry And Summer Leaf Salad With Vanilla Salt?