This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake.
Fancy trying a slice or two of this Earl Grey’s Blueberry and Almond Polenta Cake?
This rich almond polenta cake is SO good – and it’s gluten-free too!
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
How To Make A Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake:
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 150g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp almond essence
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g ground almonds
- 200g instant polenta
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 300ml crème fraiche
- 3-4 tbsp Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam (see recipe)
- A few toasted flaked almonds
- Fine shreds of lemon zest
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm spring form round cake tin with a little butter, then line with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and caster sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the almond essence, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the ground almonds, polenta, salt and baking powder, mixing thoroughly.
3. Transfer to the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a fine skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the lining paper.
4. To decorate, dollop the crème fraiche onto the cake (without stirring it), and spoon the blueberry jam on top. Scatter with toasted flaked almonds and fine shreds of lemon zest
Cook’s tip: If you’re making the cake for someone with gluten intolerance, check the label on the baking powder to make sure that it’s gluten-free – most brands are.
Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think?
Fancy making a cake?
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- 7 Homemade Jam Recipes To Try Out
- How To Make Rhubarb And Vanilla Jam
- How To Make Apple Pie Jam
- How To Make Some Strawberry Vanilla And Apricot Amaretto Layered Jam
- How To Make Peach Jam And Peach Pie Cocktail
- Mango And Passion Fruit Jam Recipe
- Strawberry Prosecco Jam: Great For Afternoon Tea
- Earl Grey’s Blueberry And Almond Polenta Cake
- Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve
- How To Make Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam