How To Make Chocolate And Basil Muffins.
How beautiful is the weather today!?
I have already walked my dog Mollie the Collie ran 5 miles and done a spinning class. All before lunch too. Soon be time for 2nd walkies. Now I am thinking of making myself a nice treat.
Talking of treats, I have a fun and tasty recipe to share with you today. Chocolate & Basil Muffins. How cool and tasty do these muffins look!?
Think that herbs and desserts don’t mix? Think again – we present our magnificent basil muffins, perfect for your summertime afternoon tea.
These chocolate and basil muffins are just what I could eat now after a busy morning’s workout. Perfect with a cup of fruit tea.
How To Make Chocolate And Basil Muffins:
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 17-20 minutes
You Will Need:
- 200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 1 large pot basil, leaves chopped
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Juice 1 lemon
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Line a 12 – hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and thickened, stir in the chocolate and all but 1 tbsp. chopped basil. Fold in the flour and baking powder and spoon into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until just cooked through. Cool slightly.
- Mix the granulated sugar with the lemon juice and remaining chopped basil and spoon over the muffins.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Love Fresh Herbs.
How delicious do these cakes look!?
Perfect for a party to impress your friend’s with or an afternoon Summer’s picnic in the park. Don’t you think too?
What do you think?
Fancy trying some of the chocolate and basil muffins?
Try now or pin for later.
For more tasty cupcakes click here: All About The Cupcakes.