Are you having a lovely Bank Holiday Monday?
It’s a bit of a wash out here with a few downpours of rain!
We are not up to much also we had nothing planned today after a really busy weekend. So just really catching up on jobs inside the home and chilling.
Also drying off again after 2 walks with Mollie The Collie. This morning me, the two youngest children were all soaked to the bone with how much rain fell.
Thankfully we did not get caught out in the Thunder and Lightning like we did on Saturday morning before we went to the coast.
I love to make up salads in Mason Jar and save them in the fridge until lunch time. Always something healthy ready made up to snack on too.
Today I have an Italian Orzo Pasta Mason Jar Salad recipe to share with you. This is just what I need after lots of junk food over the weekend too.
How To Make An Italian Orzo Pasta Mason Jar Salad:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 50 g orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons Newman’s Own Italian dressing
- 4 baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 baby mozzarella balls, each torn in half (about 40 g)
- 2 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 25 g baby spinach leaves or rocket leaves, or mixture
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
How to make:
1. Cook the pasta in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, until tender, drain well, then mix with 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
2. Place the remaining tablespoon of dressing in the bottom of a 500 ml mason or screw top jar. Layer the ingredients, starting with the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, orzo and spinach or rocket. Sprinkle over the pine nuts, then screw on the top.
3. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Recipe and image courtesy of Newman’s Own, makers of sauces and dressing.
Do you like to make Mason jar salads up ready for lunch or dinner?
If so, what do you like to put in your salads?
Fancy trying this recipe out?