Happy Saturday the weather is beautiful here today. Nice and sunny. It has me planning Summer parties in the garden and Summer picnics.
We have lots of fun plans this weekend. Starting with a walk into town and breakfast out. Followed by a spot of shopping. I love to have a walk into town when the weather is nice too on a Saturday night for cocktails with the husband. Let’s see if he fancies going after work!?
Hope you are enjoying your weekend too?
Summer is coming and it is time to start thinking of yummy cocktails. Today I am sharing this tasty watermelon and lime blast drink recipe with you.
This cool cocktail will bring a blast of flavour to your taste buds!
A tasty combination of watermelon, lime, sugar, vodka, blueberries and watermelon slices and mint springs to garnish. Whats not to love? Perfect for Sipping on hot Summer evenings.
How To Make A Watermelon And Lime Blast:
Preparation: 5 minutes
- 300g watermelon, de-seeded and cut into chunks (about 1/2 a medium sized melon)
- 1 lime
- 4 tsp Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 100ml vodka
- Ice cubes
- A few blueberries
- Watermelon slices and mint springs, to garnish
How to make a watermelon and lime blast Summer cocktail:
1. Place the watermelon chunks into a blender. Puree until smooth, then strain into 2 glasses.
2. Squeeze the juice from the limes and share this between the glasses with the Tate & Lyle Golden Caster sugar and vodka. Stir well and allow a few moments for the sugar to dissolve.
3. Add a few blueberries to each glass, then top up with ice cubes. Serve, decorated with watermelon slices and mint sprigs.
Cook’s tip: You could use a Cantaloupe melon instead – the colour will be peachy rather than pink
Recipe and image credits c/o: This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think?
Fancy trying these watermelon and lime blasts out?
Perfect for a bbq or Summer garden party.