Parma Ham and Grapes with Fried Dough. Warmer days are coming, and it’s time to get ready for picnics in the park. To get you in the spirit, try this easy recipe for fried dough squares with Parma Ham and grapes. It’s the perfect dish to eat while soaking up the summer rays.
How To Make Parma Ham and Grapes with Fried Dough:
This recipe serves 4 – 5 people.
- 500 g flour type “0”
- milk to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 glass of water
- pinch of salt
- clarified pork fat or seed oil for frying
- white grapes
- slices of Parma Ham to taste
- To create the dough, add the baking powder and salt to the flour. Then, form a well in the flour and pour in the water, olive oil and milk. Mix carefully to obtain a firm dough. Wrap it in cling film and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, make dough strips that are not too thin using a sheeter, and then cut out small diamonds and rectangles from the strips.
- Heat the seed oil or clarified pork fat and drop the dough pieces into it. Flip the pieces so that they become evenly golden, then drain them on kitchen paper.
- Serve the fried dough with white grapes and Parma Ham. Picnic ready!
About Parma Ham:
Parma Ham is a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) product and is 100% natural. The drying process that Parma Ham goes through creates a ham that is very low in fat content, with many mineral salts, vitamins, antioxidants and easily digestible proteins. This means that Parma Ham is truly a food for everyone.
Prosciutto di Parma is produced in the hills surrounding the Italian town of Parma.
The unique taste of Parma Ham is dependent on the traditional production process passed down from Roman times, carefully controlled by the Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma. Only hams that have passed stringent curing regulations approved by the EU can be awarded the stamp of the Ducal crown – a five pointed coronet logo with PARMA in the centre which is branded onto the ham’s skin. The Ducal Crown is now a certification trademark.
Recipe and photography courtesy of:
Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma
Photography: Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma
Recipe and Food Styling: Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma