Twice-Baked Potatoes With Comté And Spring Onions. Hello again. Twice-baked potatoes with Comté And spring onions anyone? How tasty!
A twist on my most popular side dish, loved by adults and children alike. The potatoes are baked, then the fluffy insides are mixed with soured cream, spring onions and Comté, put back in the skins and baked until crisp and golden. Even better, they can be made in advance and frozen.
This recipe is gluten-free
Twice-Baked Potatoes With Comté And Spring Onions:
You Will Need:
- 10 medium baking potatoes, washed and dried
- A little oil for rubbing on the potato skins, eg vegetable or sunflower
- 100g Comté (aged 12 months), grated
- 120ml (8 tablespoons) sour cream
- 15g butter, room temperature
- 2 spring onions, green ends discarded and the white parts finely chopped
Twice-Baked Potatoes With Comté And Spring Onions Method:
1. Heat the oven to 180℃ fan. Rub the potatoes lightly with a little oil and bake them for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the skin is crisp and brown and the flesh is soft. Leave them until cool enough to handle.
2. Cut each potato in half, scoop out the flesh (leave reasonably thick walls, about 1cm) and, using a fork, mix the flesh with the rest of the ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Fill each potato skin with the mixture.*
3. When ready to cook, heat the oven to 190℃ fan and cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes until they are hot through, then turn on the grill for a further 2 to 5 minutes until the tops are speckled with brown and crispy.
4. At this point, the potatoes can sit, covered, at room temperature for up to a few hours or longer in the fridge until ready to cook. Or you can lay them on a baking tray to freeze them and, once frozen, keep them in a sealed bag for up to 3 months. Defrost fully at room temperature before cooking as per the recipe.
Twice-Baked Potatoes With Comté And Spring Onions Recipe and image courtesy of Comté.
What do you think of this Twice-Baked Potatoes With Comté And Spring Onions recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like: