Watercress Gazpacho with Manchego Croutes.
With summer just around the corner, we’re all looking for recipes that are quick, easy and healthy; simple dishes to enjoy alfresco.
Fancy trying out this Watercress Gazpacho with Manchego Croutes recipe out?
This scrumptious chilled soup is stunning on a hot summer’s day; tasty and healthy but, thanks to the peppery hint of watercress there’s a warming sensation left in the mouth.
How To Make Watercress Gazpacho with Manchego Croutes:
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For The Gazpacho:
- 1kg ripe plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 75g stale crusty bread, chopped
- 2-2.5 tsps sherry vinegar
- 50g watercress
- 2-3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
For The Croutes:
- 50g Manchego cheese or parmesan, finely grated
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, for brushing
How To Make:
1. Place all gazpacho ingredients in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix everything together, pressing down firmly to squeeze out the juices. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or preferably overnight.
2. Put the mixture into a blender and blitz until smooth. Check the consistency, adding more olive oil if the soup is too thick. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and refrigerate again until thoroughly chilled.
3. Preheat the oven to 180®C. Make the croutes by thinly slicing the baguette. Brush the slices with olive oil and sprinkle grated Manchego or parmesan on top. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
4. To serve, taste the gazpacho for a final time and adjust seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with some chopped watercress, drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve with the croutes on the side.
Thanks to Watercress for letting me share their tasty recipe. Recipe & photography credits: Lara Jane Thorpe.
What do you think tp this Watercress Gazpacho with Manchego Croutes recipe?
Fancy trying it out?
You Might Like:
Warm Watercress, Bacon And Apple Salad.
Pumpkin Risotto With Watercress Pesto.
Watercress, Blue Cheese And Butternut Squash Pizza.
Roast Chicken And Wild Mushroom Watercress Salad With Pine Nuts And Raisins.