Today I am sharing 3 Summertime recipes from Bio-tiful Dairy.
Pefect for serving up on a warm afternoon for lunch in the garden.
Homemade Ice cream, how yummy!?
Berry & Kefir Ice Cream
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups Bio-tiful Kefir (Original, Baked or Morello Cherry Kefir Smoothie)
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅔ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- Combine the raspberries, Kefir, milk, sweetener, soaked cashew nuts and vanilla extract in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the instructions. Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream or freeze to harden.
No Ice Cream Machine?
- Pour the ice cream base into a freezer-safe shallow pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and mix with a fork to break up all of the ice chunks. Fewer ice chunks means smoother ice cream.
- Repeat every 20 minutes until the ice cream has firmed up to your liking, 2 to 4 hours.
Beetroot & Kefir Summer Soup
- 500ml Bio-tiful Kefir
- 5-6 medium sized fresh beetroots
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Fresh dill, or chives, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, very finely sliced
- 4 radishes, very finely sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled
- Sea salt and black pepper
- First wash, boil and grate the beetroot. Combine the cooled beetroot with the Kefir, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- To serve, stir through some finely chopped fresh dill and garnish the soup with cucumber and radish. Traditionally this summer soup is also served with cooled, boiled eggs.
Lemon & Lime Kefir Cheesecake
- 200g dried dates
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g pecans
- 250ml Bio-tiful Kefir
- 300g full fat soft cheese
- 3 large limes – juice and rind
- 1 large lemon – juice and rind
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- Soak the dates in water for at least an hour.
- To make the base, place the almonds and pecans in a food processor and pulse until combined. Gradually add the softened dates.
- Grease an 8-inch spring form pan and line with parchment paper. Press the mixture firmly and evenly against the bottom of the pan.
To make the filling:
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the lime mixture over the base and place into the fridge or freezer for at least two hours or until firm.
Recipes and images courtesy of Bio-tiful Dairy.
What do you think?
Fancy making any of these recipes?