Looking for a few more meat-free ideas?
Today I am sharing; 3 More Meat Free Recipes For World Meat Free Day:
Simple Banana Oatmeal Pancakes:
Yields 2 pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oat flour (blend or process rolled oats until flour texture is reached)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until you have an even consistency.
- Allow the batter to thicken for 20 minutes, and then add the batter to a non-stick pan or oiled skillet.
- Add batter to hot pan, and cook pancakes for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favourite toppings!
Tomato Baked Eggs:
Total Time: 20 min
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper (+ your fav fresh herbs- we used rosemary)
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and peppers with olive oil for 5 minutes under medium flame.
- Add the tomato sauce, and cook with onions and peppers for 3-4 minutes.
- Crack each egg into a different corner of the skillet pan, and cover.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Decorate with your favourite herbs!
Spicy Lentil Meatballs:
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, de-seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oat flour*
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- In a food processor, pulse the cooked lentils, scallions, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro & tomato paste together. The consistency should be chunky, not a paste.
- Remove from the processor and scoop out and into a bowl.
- Add 1 egg and the oat flour. Using a whisk or large spoon, mix the ingredients together well.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 10-12 lentil balls from the bowl with an ice cream scoop or spoon. Use your hands to help mold the balls. Place the balls on parchment paper as you go.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- On the stove, cook these balls in 1 cup of tomato sauce for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy over pasta, salads, or in a sandwich!
Notes: To make oat flour, simply blend rolled oats until flour consistency is reached.
Fancy trying any?
Recipes and images courtesy of Food Heaven Made Easy.