Happy Monday, how has your weekend been?
I was so busy planning my Daughter Birthday party last week, I think it is now time to chill!! I feel exhausted today!
Today I have 7 Summer recipe for your alfresco dining courtesy of Pyrex. Perfect recipes to make your feeling tired like me or short on time but still want to make something tasty.
Product: Cook and Store rectangular dish with lid 28x20cm
Serves 3-4 servings, approx. 1400 kcal total
Preparation time: 10 mins (plus marinating time)
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 650g chicken thighs, cut into 3 or 4 chunks
- 20g soy sauce
- 5g ginger
- 5g salt
- 100g soy
- 50g sugar
- 100g mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- Sesame seeds and spring onion to garnish
- In a Pyrex Cook and Store, marinate the chicken thighs in 20g soy sauce, ginger and salt. Store in the fridge and leave for at least one hour or overnight.
- Create the glaze by heating additional soy sauce, sugar and mirin together in a pan and reduce to a sticky glaze.
- Skewer chicken pieces and cook on all sides on a BBQ or in the oven.
- When the chicken is cooked apply the glaze and cook for a further minute taking care not to burn the glaze.
- Top with sesame seeds and sliced spring onion.
- Keep any leftovers in a Pyrex Cook & Store.
Eastern Mediterranean Flatbread:
Product: Pyrex Glass Baking Tray
Serves 2-3 approx. 700 kcal total
Preparation time: 15 minutes (including 4-6 hours resting time)
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250g wheat flour (50/50 plain/strong)
- 180g yoghurt
- 50g milk
- 5g fresh yeast or 3g dried yeast
- 5g salt
- Olive oil
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour, yoghurt, milk-yeast and salt by hand or in a mixer fitted with a bread hook. Knead until a smooth elastic dough is formed.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in an oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and let it rise for around 4-6 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat a griddle pan and Pyrex glass baking tray.
- Knock back the dough and divide into two then roll out each piece thinly with an oiled rolling pin on an oiled surface.
- Place the dough on a hot griddle for 2-3 minutes to cook the underside.
- Transfer onto the Pyrex glass baking tray to cook the top for 2 minutes.
- Remove and dress generously, while still hot, with zaatar and olive oil to taste.
Berry Ice Cream:
Product: Cook and Freeze round dish with lid 1.7L
Serves 10 servings, approx. 2000 kcal total
Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus freezing time)
- 675ml double cream
- 540g condensed milk
- 120g raspberries
- 120g blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Toasted flaked almonds and extra berries for topping
- In a small saucepan, heat the raspberries with one tablespoon of sugar until they start to break down into a chunky sauce. Let it cool.
- Repeat step 1 with the blackberries.
- Combine cream and condensed milk in a food mixer with a balloon whisk until firm peaks appear.
- Add the raspberry and blueberry sauces separately to the ice cream mixture and stir in gently.
- Transfer the mixture into a Pyrex Cook and Freeze.
- Freeze until mixture is set.
- Serve with extra toppings of toasted flaked almonds and berries.
Product: Pyrex Classic jug with lid 1L
Serves: 8 servings, approx. 700 kcal total
Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus chilling time)
- 6 lemons
- 170g white sugar
- 300g boiling water
- Soda water
- Fresh mint
- Lightly peel the lemon and place the peel in a Pyrex Jug.
- Remove the remaining white pith on the lemon.
- Sieve the juice from the lemons to remove the seeds and add the juice to the Pyrex jug.
- Add sugar and boiling water and then leave to cool.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Serve into glasses, top up with soda then add ice and fresh mint.
Product: Glass baking tray
Serves: 16 cookies, approx. 2800 kcal total
Preparation time: 25 minutes (plus 1-hour chilling)
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 115g butter
- 175g light brown sugar
- 25g golden syrup
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 115g bread flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- (Scant) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 16 marshmallow pieces
- 20g oats
- 50g digestives crushed finely
- 125g milk chocolate chips
- ½ tsp salt
- Beat the butter, sugar and syrup together in a food mixer with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl and mix in the vanilla paste then mix into the beaten butter and sugar.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients except the marshmallow pieces. Mix well to form a cookie dough.
- Split the dough into 40g balls and place them on a Pyrex glass baking tray lined with baking parchment. Flatten the dough balls slightly leaving enough room for them to spread.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least an hour before baking in a preheated 180°C oven.
Product: Pyrex Kitchen Lab beakers
Serves: 4 servings, approx. 1000 kcal total
Preparation time: 5 mins
- 400g vanilla ice cream
- 400g whole milk
- Add the ice cream and milk in a food blender.
- Blend until smooth, pour into beakers and serve.
Product: Pyrex Prep and Store 2L
Serves: 3-4, approx. 800 kcal total
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 75g quinoa
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 200g cherry tomato, halved or quartered
- 40g parsley, roughly chopped
- 50g chia seeds
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- 5g salt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Boil the quinoa and bulgur wheat for 12 minutes in plenty of water, until fully cooked.
- Drain and let it cool.
- In the Pyrex prep and store, mix together the cooked quinoa and bulgur wheat with tomato, parsley, chia seeds and olive oil.
- Season with salt and lemon juice to taste and top with pomegranate.
Recipes and images courtesy of Pryex.