The weekend is nearly here already! I think this week has just flown by. Then again, come to think of it, I think this year has gone so quickly too. June already too.
Are you looking for some Summertime lunchtime inspiration?
Maybe a new salad recipe to try out?
With added fruit?
Something tasty to have lunch outside in the garden.
I am trying to be healthier and have just filled my salad drawers with fresh fruit and vegetables. I can wait until lunchtime to make a tasty salad up.
So today I have a tasty Summer salad recipe for you to try out.
Caramelised Apples, California Raisin Goat’s Cheese Salad:
How nice and tasty?
You will need:
- 25g unsalted butter
- 25g soft light brown sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red eating apple cored and sliced
- 25g Californian Raisins
- 2 x 70g whole goats cheese
- Rocket salad
1. In a small frying pan melt butter and brown sugar, add lemon juice. Stir until dissolved.
2. Add apple slices and raisins and cook gently for 2 minutes until apples are just tender.
3. Heat the grill. Cut each goats cheese in half to form 4 rounds. Place on foil and grill for 2-4 minutes until bubbling and lightly browned.
4. Place the rocket, apple and raisin mixture on two warmed plates. Top with the goat’s cheese and serve immediately with crusty bread.
Recipe c/o California Raisin.
What do you think?
Fancy trying this Caramelised Apples, California Raisin Goat’s Cheese Salad?
Let me know if you get to try it and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Try now or pin for Summer.
Any fun plans for the weekend?
My husband is off work tomorrow so we will all be getting up early and running Parkrun 🙂 Can not beat a bit of friendly competition with my Daughter on a Saturday morning. Weare simerla running paces but she usually just wins me!!
Watch this space.