Hope your Monday is going well?
Do you like pizza?
Are you looking for a meat-free pizza recipe?
Fancy trying out and making this Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Pita Pizza recipes for World Meat Free Day #WorldMeatFreeDay?
We love pizza’s here and today I am sharing this quick and easy meat-free pizza recipe with you.
Pita bread topped with a tomato sauce, goats cheese, button mushrooms, olive oil and a few different flavourings.
Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Pita Pizza: World Meat Free Day:
Total Time 15 minutes.
- 1 100% whole grain round pita bread
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ onion, sliced in ½” thick rounds
- ½ cup button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the pita bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Coat the pita bread with tomato sauce, and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and cook the sugar under medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar starts bubbling.
- Add the onion rounds and mushrooms to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and top the pita bread with the mushroom onion sauté.
- Crumble the goat cheese on the pita, and put in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with drizzled balsamic vinegar and fresh basil leaves.
Recipe c/o Food Heaven Made Easy.
We love making pizza’s like this as they are quick and easy to make, also very tasty.
My Daughter loves to help me make some too.
What do you think of this recipe? Do you fancy trying this Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Pita Pizza?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Why not try now or pin for later.