Chicken Sausage And Mushroom Risotto anyone?
Creamy risotto made with mushrooms, mascarpone, pesto, and MOR Chicken with Sundried Tomato & Basil Chipolatas.
How To Make Chicken Sausage And Mushroom Risotto:
Cost per serving: £3.50
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Approx 30 minutes
- 1 pack MOR Chicken, Sundried Tomato & Basil Chipolatas
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 300g Arborio risotto rice
- 200ml white wine
- 900ml hot chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 75g freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
Chicken Sausage And Mushroom Risotto Method:
1. Grill the sausages as per pack instructions, turning once, and then slice each into four pieces.
2. Put a large, heavy-based saucepan on the hob and heat the oil, then add the onion and garlic and stir until softened. Add the mushrooms and stir for another minute or two.
3. Tip in the risotto rice and keep stirring until the edges of the rice grains become opaque. Pour over the white wine, stir briefly, then begin to add the chicken stock a ladle at a time. As the stock’s absorbed by the rice, add another ladle; it should take around 20 minutes.
4. When the rice is really tender, stir in the parmesan and the sliced sausages. The risotto should be creamy and not quite hold its shape, so if it’s a little stodgy add a bit more stock.
5. Once you’re happy with the consistency, stir in the mascarpone and pesto and divide the risotto between four bowls. Serve straight away, garnished with rocket and parmesan shavings.
Right at the very end, add another ladle of stock to the risotto without stirring in. This will help keep the risotto nice and loose.
For an extra special touch, have a go at making your own homemade spinach pesto to add at the end.
Recipe & image courtesy of MOR Sausage.
You Might Also Like:
Super Green Sausage Pasta.
Chicken Sausage And Mushroom Risotto.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: