Heel and happy Monday.
Do you want to cut out meat and introduce more vegetables into your diet?
Or are you on a meat-free diet already?
If so I have a tasty recipe to share with you today.
Fancy making some yummy Creamy Mushroom Linguine?
I am sharing this meat-free recipe today to as it is #MeatfreeMonday and #WorldMeatFreeDay.
Hands-on time: 20 mins
Hands-off time: 20 mins
How To Make Creamy Mushroom Linguine:
For the sauce:
- 350g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
For the mushrooms:
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced (Button mushrooms will work too).
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 180g frozen peas
- ½ a lemon, juice of
For the pasta:
- 1 tbsp fine salt
- 320g dried linguine
How To Make:
1. To make the sauce, put the tofu, soy sauce and extra-virgin olive oil into a blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan or casserole dish sauté the mushrooms over a medium/med-high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for the pasta, bring 2 litres of water to the boil with the salt. Add the pasta to the boiling water, reduce to a low simmer, and cook until just below al dente (around 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water to stop it cooking.
4. Add the garlic to the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes. Then add the peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the pasta to the mushrooms and peas and stir through until everything is hot. Pour the sauce all over and stir through thoroughly.
6. Add the lemon juice and season with pepper to taste.
7. Serve in warm bowls and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Deliver Delicious.
What do you think of this recipe?
Do you fancy trying this Creamy Mushroom Linguine recipe?
Let me know your thoughts if you get to try it.
Try now or pin for another day.