I am really fed up of the rain now, can the sunshine please return!?
Today I have a yummy cake recipe to share with you. Anything cake wise with caramel in it, is amongst my favourites. How about you? Do you love caramel filling too?
I have this yummy Banoffee Pie recipe to share with you.
A tasty biscuit base, caramel filling, sliced bananas and then a yoghurt topping sprinkled with cocoa.
Pure decadence, the LoSalt way! Reduce the salt and enjoy this indulgent treat when that sweet tooth hits!
How To Make Banoffee Pie:
Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling
Cook: 5 minutes
- 175g Rich Tea Light biscuits
- 200g unsalted butter
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can condensed milk
- ½ tsp LoSalt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 250g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp cocoa
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor to give fine crumbs.
- Melt 100g butter and mix in the crumbs. Press into the base and sides of a 4cm deep, 20cm round loose bottomed tin and bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Melt the remaining butter and sugar in a medium saucepan and gently cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the condensed milk and bring to the boil, stirring and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time to give a thick golden caramel. Stir in the LoSalt and pour into the tin. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Spread the bananas on top of the caramel and top with the yoghurt, remove from the tin. Sprinkle with cocoa and serve.
Recipe and image c/o LoSalt
What do you think?
Fancy making one of these banoffee pies?
As always let me know your thoughts in the comments below 🙂