Hello and Happy Sunday. Hope you are having a lovely weekend?
Are you looking to add more fish to your diet?
Are you looking for a nice and healthy lunch idea?
Why not try this healthy fish dish?
How To Make California Raisins Seared Cod With Pak Choi
- 1 butternut squash; peeled, seeded and diced
- 15ml olive oil
- 4 cod fillets or fish of choice
- 125g pancetta, diced small
- 1 shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 4 Pak Choi, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 100g California Raisins
- 50ml chicken stock
- 30ml sherry vinegar
- 25g unsalted butter
How To Make:
1. Place butternut squash in a pot. Cover with water and season with salt. Simmer until just tender. Strain and turn into an ice bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat and brown fish well on both sides. Remove from pan and arrange on a wire rack placed on a sheet pan. Bake in 180˚C/350˚F oven for approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
3. While fish is baking, in the same heavy-bottomed pan, make ragu by adding pancetta and sauté until crispy; remove. Add shallots and garlic; cook until translucent. Add greens and raisins; cook until wilted. Add butternut squash and chicken broth; cook until reduced by half. Stir in sherry vinegar and butter. Season to taste.
Portion ragu into bowls; top with fish and garnish with crispy pancetta.
Recipe c/o California Raisin.
What do you think of this recipe?
I would love to hear your thoughts.
Please leave a comment below if you get to try this recipe.
You may also like these cod recipes:
What are your favourite fish recipes? Any family specials?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.