I love to make up yummy smoothies. I do not think there are many fruits we have not tried adding to a smoothie. I love a variety and also trying making them with vegetables in.
What about spinach?
I have a few favourite recipes and I especially like ones with spinach in them. What a great colour they turn out too?
This is my favourite spinach one so far.
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- Large handful of washed spinach
- 1 Large teaspoon of peanut butter
- 1 Banana, peeled and chopped. I would chop and freeze them the night before to make it extra cold.
- 2 Tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Place the milk, washed spinach, chopped banana, peanut butter and Greek yogurt into a smoothie maker or blender.
- Blitz until all mixed smooth together.
- Serve straight away.
- Tasty !
Do you like spinach smoothies?
Fancy trying this one?
You may also like these green smoothies:
A Matcha Coconut Smoothie anyone?
This tasty smoothie contains; Vita Coco Coconut Water, Asia Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Matcha Green Tea Powder, bananas and Baby Spinach.
(Created by Hazel Wallace and Linwoods). This smoothie contains; Linwoods Milled Chia Seed, ice cubes, coconut water, small pear Large handful of spinach, fresh parsley, Large handful of kale, 2 celery stalks, 1/3 cucumber, 1 inch raw/fresh turmeric and a 1 tablespoon wheatgrass (or other greens powder).
This smoothie is packed full of Mango Chunks, Pineapple Chunks, Curly Kale and Rio D’Oro Apple juice.
This smoothie has a tasty combination of Kale leaves, trimmed of any tough stalks, coconut oil, softened, fresh or frozen raspberries, 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned, unsweetened soy milk (or cow’s milk), Juice of 1 lime, honey and 12 ice cubes.