How has your weekend been?
It has been so hot here and we even ran Parkrun in it yesterday.
I was melting when I finished!! All good fun though.
Are you looking for something a little different for you mid-week dinner?
Fancy making a Salmon and Kale Filo Pie?
This fish pie recipe will be a family favourite, and you can rest assured that your dinner is low in saturated fat and salt too. You can replace the kale with spinach if you’d prefer – or go half and half.
How To Make Salmon and Kale Filo Pie:
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 200g pack shredded curly kale
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 25g pack chives, chopped
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 2½ tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1½ tsp sesame seeds
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Poach the salmon for 10-15 minutes until cooked through, then flake.
3. Add the kale to boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes, drain well and mix in the nutmeg.
4. Mix the salmon with the chives and season with black pepper.
5. Brush the sheets of filo pastry with the oil and cut 1 sheet in half, place 1 half into the base of a greased ovenproof dish.
6. Spread over ½ the salmon mixture and top with half the kale, season with pepper.
7. Repeat with the other half sheet of filo and spread over the remaining salmon mixture and kale.
8. Finally, top with the last 2 filo sheets, scrunching them up. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- The kale can be substituted with wilted spinach, and try adding a little-crumbled feta cheese with the salmon.
Recipe courtesy of rapeseed oil Benefits.
What do you think?
Fancy making this Salmon and Kale Filo Pie?
Let me know if you get to make one.
Share your thought in the comments below.