Super Green Sausage Pasta.
Gigli pasta with tomato sauce, sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and MOR Pork, Super Green Veg & Lentil Sausages.
How To Make Super Green Sausage Pasta:
Cost per serving: £3.75
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: Approx 25 minutes
- 1 pack MOR Pork, Super Green Veg & Lentil Sausages
- 150g gigli pasta
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tin cooked artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- Small bunch chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly grated parmesan
1. Start off by grilling the sausages as per pack instructions, turning once, then allow them to cool slightly before slicing each sausage into four pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, soften the garlic and red onion in olive oil over a medium heat – take care not to burn the garlic! – and add the thyme and cherry tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Pour over the white wine, then add the chopped tomatoes, artichoke and sliced sausages. Simmer gently for a further 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
4. While you’re simmering the sauce, add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. As soon as the pasta’s ready, strain in a colander and tip into the sauce. Give it a good mix, then split into two bowls. Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil and a generous dusting of parmesan.
Save money on tomorrow’s lunch by doubling the quantities and saving the leftovers; you’ll be the envy of the office.
If you can’t find gigli pasta, that’s okay – try it with penne instead. Just be sure to pick a shape that can hold some of that lovely sauce.
Recipe & image courtesy of MOR Sausage.
Fancy making this Super Green Sausage Pasta recipe?