Super Green Sausage Pasta anyone? Yummy!
Gigli pasta with tomato sauce, sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and MOR Pork, Super Green Veg & Lentil Sausages.
How To Make Super Green Sausage Pasta:
Cost per serving: £3.75
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: Approx 25 minutes
- 1 pack MOR Pork, Super Green Veg & Lentil Sausages
- 150g gigli pasta
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tin cooked artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- Small bunch chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly grated parmesan
Super Green Sausage Pasta Method:
1. Start off by grilling the sausages as per pack instructions, turning once, then allow them to cool slightly before slicing each sausage into four pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, soften the garlic and red onion in olive oil over a medium heat – take care not to burn the garlic! – and add the thyme and cherry tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Pour over the white wine, then add the chopped tomatoes, artichoke and sliced sausages. Simmer gently for a further 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
4. While you’re simmering the sauce, add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. As soon as the pasta’s ready, strain in a colander and tip into the sauce. Give it a good mix, then split into two bowls. Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil and a generous dusting of parmesan.
Save money on tomorrow’s lunch by doubling the quantities and saving the leftovers; you’ll be the envy of the office.
If you can’t find gigli pasta, that’s okay – try it with penne instead. Just be sure to pick a shape that can hold some of that lovely sauce.
Recipe & image courtesy of MOR Sausage.
Fancy making this Super Green Sausage Pasta recipe?
You Might Also Like: