Today I am sharing a Peach Jam @ Peach Pie Cocktail recipes with you.
How To Make Peach Jam:
Makes 2x380g jars
You will need:
- 500g peaches, stoned and diced (skin on or off)
- 500g Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean
How To Make:
- First things first it is time for a basic but incredibly important step, sterilising the jars. Wash the jars and lids with hot soapy water then place onto a roasting tray and place into an oven heated to 180C for about 15 mins. This is a boring step, I know, but it just means the jams you are lovingly making will last 6 months without needing to refrigerate the unopened jars. Just before you start making the jam pop a couple plates into the freezer.
- Place the pan with all of the ingredients onto the hob, set over medium/low heat and cook, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to medium/high and bring the jam to a rolling boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- To test if the jam is fully cooked there are a few simple ways you can check. The first is the flake test. Lift the wooden spoon above the pan and allow the jam to drip back into the pan, if some drips, cling to the spoon rather than running off back into the pan you’re good. My preferred way of testing the jam is to take one of the plates out of the freezer and spoon on a little of the jam. Pop the plate aside for a minute or so before pushing the jam with your finger and if it wrinkles it will set, if it is still liquid, cook it for a little longer.
- Once the jam has finished cooking turn off the heat and leave for a minute or so then transfer carefully to a jug, to ease pouring it into jars. If there is any foam on top carefully skim that off and discard (there is nothing wrong with the foam, you could happily stir it back into the jam if you are feeling lazy, but technically the foam is full of air and can make the jam spoil a little quicker, also it just looks ugly so skim away). Remove the jars from the oven and carefully divide the jam between the jars, sealing tightly. Kept in a cool place they should keep for up to 6 months.
How To Make Peach Pie Cocktail:
You will need:
- 1 tbsp peach jam
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 50ml vodka
- 1 tsp sugar syrup
- juice 1/2 lemon
How to make:
- To make the cocktail place all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail into a glass filled with ice and garnish with a couple slices of peach. Serve immediately.
Recipe and image courtesy of Tate & Lyle.