Happy Saturday, have you had a good day?
Me and my Daughter had a lovely trip to Nottingham for a spot of shopping. Tired out now as it was so warm again today.
Today I am sharing this Prawn Courgetti & Sweetcorn Fritters recipe with you: You can buy courgetti (spiralized stands of courgette) in most supermarkets now – or spiralize your own to make these yummy prawn fritters.
How to make Prawn Courgetti & Sweetcorn Fritters:
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 4tbsp Pura Coconut Oil
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 100ml milk
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 150g peeled, cooked prawns (thawed if frozen)
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 300g courgetti (spiralized courgettes)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Green salad, to serve
How to make:
- Pour the Pura Coconut Oil into a large frying pan and set to one side.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and add the egg and milk. Using a whisk, beat together to make a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the spring onions, chilli, sweetcorn, prawns, coriander and courgetti to the batter. Season with black pepper and stir gently to mix.
- Heat the oil, then use a ladle to add 3-4 separate scoops of batter to the frying pan. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes on each side. Avoid cooking at too high a temperature or the outside will be well done before the inside is cooked. Drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining batter until it is all used. Serve with a green salad.
If you can’t find spiralized courgettes and you don’t own a spiralizer, simply grate the courgettes instead.
If you’re unable to eat prawns use 150g crumbled feta cheese instead.
Recipe and image courtesy of Pura Coconut Oil
What do you think of this Prawn Courgetti & Sweetcorn Fritters recipe?
Let me know if you get to try this recipe.