Strawberry Prosecco Jam: Great For Afternoon Tea. Are you looking for a jam recipe with a bit of fizz to it?
How about making some strawberry prosecco jam?
This fabulous jam is just right for serving with scones and clotted cream (and a glass of fizz!) for the perfect afternoon tea.
How to make Strawberry Prosecco Jam:
Preparation 5 mins
Cooking 15-20 mins
Makes 5 x 450g jars
- 150ml Prosecco
- 1kg Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar
- 1kg strawberries
Strawberry Prosecco Jam:
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Put the prosecco, Tate & Lyle Jam Sugar and strawberries into a large heavy-based saucepan and place over a low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Increase the heat and boil steadily for 10 minutes, taking care to keep an eye on the jam to ensure that it doesn’t boil too rapidly.
3. Meanwhile, sterilize 4 x 450g jars by washing them in hot soapy water, rinsing well, then placing them in a low oven at 150°C/Fan 130°C/Gas Mark 2 for 10 minutes.
4. Test the jam for setting point. To check, remove the saucepan from the heat, spoon a little jam onto a cold plate and leave for 2 minutes – it should wrinkle softly when your finger is pushed over the surface. If this point has not been reached, return the saucepan to the heat and continue to boil for another 2 minutes. Test as before until setting point is reached. (You may need to test several times, though be patient, as this testing is crucial to achieving the correct consistency).
5. Pour the hot jam into the warm sterilized jars. Leave to cool, then seal and label.
Chill a stack of small plates in the fridge, so that you have a few lined up for checking the setting point.
What do you think?
Fancy making and serving some of this up for afternoon tea?
Strawberry Prosecco Jam: Great For Afternoon Tea.
Strawberry Prosecco Jam. Recipe and image courtesy of Tate & Lyle.
You Might Also Like: