Turning My Blog Pink For Breast Cancer Awareness Month

How To Make Bakewell Meringues: Summer Inspire

How To Make Bakewell Meringues.

Happy Saturday!

I am always sharing my love of Bakewell on the blog and today I have a Bakewell inspired meringue recipe to share with you.

We had a lovely day out in Bakewell last week and it is one of my favourite places in England to visit.

We love to take a walk around the peaks, shops, river, a walk up to the Church and then we usually pick a nice cake to take home with us after our fish and chips.

A walk around Bakewell

Fancy making some Bakewell inspired Meringues?

How To Make Bakewell Meringues:

How To Make Bakewell Meringues

Ingredients:

For The Compote:

For The Meringue:

Method:

1. Heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/ Gas 3. Crush the amaretti biscuits and tip into the bottom of 4 ramekins or ovenproof bowls. To make the compote, heat the cherries, lemon juice and sugar, bring to a simmer and cook for 10mins until the cherries soften and the sauce becomes syrupy. Set aside to cool.

2. In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites to a soft peak, add half the sugar and continue to whisk till shiney. Add the remaining sugar bit by bit whilst whisking. In a separate bowl stir a spoonful of meringue into the almond butter to loosen it then tip it back into the meringue bowl and fold in gently to create a ripple effect.

3. Divide the compote between the ramekins then pipe or spoon the meringue on top. Bake for 30mins until the meringue is puffed up and golden.

Serves 4

How To Make Bakewell Meringues

How To Make Bakewell Meringues. Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.

Have you ever been to Bakewell?

What do you think of this Bakewell Meringues recipe?

Fancy trying it?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Swan
river
Love locks
swans

You Might Also Like:

BerryWorld Red Gooseberry Bakewell Tarts.

Bakewell Church: What I Wore: Over 40 Style.

How To Make Elderflower Bakewell Mug Cakes.

Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:

28 responses to “How To Make Bakewell Meringues: Summer Inspire”

1. Mother of 3 says:

That looks so yummy!

2. Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas says:

Claire, Looks good!! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!Hugs,Debbie

3. Carol @Comfort Spring Station says:

Looks decadently wonderful – I've never been to the UK so no, haven't been to Bakewell. I like the name – sounds like food! #MMBC

4. SLOAH says:

Gorgeous photography; I don't think I've ever been to Bakewell but it looks lovely. I'd try the recipe but I have mini-me fussy eaters to content with! 😉 #MMBC

5. Jess says:

YUM! I so pinned this!!I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: facebook groups pluckyrecipescraftstips. Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

6. Heather{Our Life In a Click} says:

These are so cute! I could go for one right now!

7. Kim Carberry says:

Yum! What a great idea. These sound and look delicious. #MMBC

8. Sarah | Digital Motherhood says:

These sound delicious! #MMBC

9. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz... says:

These look amazing! Have pinned to try out #mmbc

10. Jodie Fitz says:

LOOKS delish! And, perfect for late summer/autumn. Would LOVE if you'd share at REader Tip Tuesday. Open all week & growing. Hoping to see you & this sweet treat at the party 🙂

11. Jayne SMABL says:

Bakewell meringues! Now that's something I need to try. Bakewell looks a lovely place to visit too :)Thanks so much for sharing with #MMBC. Hope to see you next week x

12. Marilyn Lesniak says:

Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #WonderfulWednesday this week. Visit me on Tuesday evening and to see your feature and pick up your badge! All hosts choose their own features so be sure to return to my blog. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon.

13. Jodie Fitz says:

YUM!!! Thanks for sharing at Reader Tip Tuesday last week. We hope to see you at this week's party xo

14. Making these would literally make me a favourite person in the family!! Fab recipe xx