Savoury Soda Bread: Soda Bread With A Twist. Hello friends, happy Monday friends. Any fun plans for the rest of the week? Busy around here with the children off school for Summer.
Are you looking for a soda bread recipe with a savoury twist? Fancy making some Savoury Soda Bread?
One of the easiest loaves of bread you will ever make and it has yeast extract and cheddar cheese for added taste. Make in the morning, enjoy at lunch. Tasty!
How to make Savoury Soda Bread:
Serves: Makes 1 loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What You Need:
- 250g strong white flour
- 250g spelt flour
- 50g oats
- 3g salt
- 20g baking powder
- 60g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100ml grapeseed oil
- 450ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Meridian yeast extract
What You Do:
1. Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan and line a baking tray with parchment. In a large bowl combine the flours, oats, salt and baking powder then stir in 50g of the cheese.
2. In a separate jug beat the oil, buttermilk and yeast extract until the extract has combined. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the liquid. Splay your fingers out like a big fork and mix gently but quickly to combine to a dough. To get the lightest bread, minimise the amount you handle the dough.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and pat into a circle. Transfer to your baking sheet and scatter with the remaining cheese. Cut a large cross, deep into the dough and bake for 30-35 minutes until the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
Delicious served with soup.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
What do you think of this Savoury Soda Bread recipe? Fancy making some?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Do not forget to follow along for more tasty recipes.
You Might Also Like: