A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire.

Happy Saturday. I hope you’re having a lovely weekend?

Today I have teamed up with My Voucher Codes; who have some great money saving offers and The National Trust to share one of our favourite days out as a family in Nottinghamshire.

Clumber Park

We love to visit Clumber Park it is not too far from home and is a lovely day out for all the family. We like fresh air and open spaces, so the nearly 4000 acres of land in North Nottinghamshire is perfect!

As many of my regular blog readers will know there are a few things we do in our house every day. A daily jog, walking the dog, taking a nice photo, and eating some tasty food!! A day out in Clumber Park we can roll it all into a fun packed day.

Start with a run, a nice walk around the garden tea house, picnic on the grass and a walk around the lake. We do not have to worry how long we are out as Mollie our beautiful Collie dog can fit her daily fun in too. Perfect.

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire:

Nottinghamshire

Run To Explore:

We are a family of runners {or joggers in mine and my Hubbys case!!}. We love going places where we can get off the road, out into the countryside and pop our running trainers on.

Clumber Park is an ideal place for running. Loads of paths to explore in a refreshing countryside setting.

You can run for miles here. Every time we come we seem to find a different path to explore. A great way of discovering the secrets of Clumber. Cycling is also popular here(Route 6 of the National Cycle Route), or just traditional walking, it is all exhilarating!

We keep meaning to run the Lake loop but we always get distracted. maybe next time!! Why not run around the lake loop if you visit? It is around 3.67 miles. Roughly!

Nottinghamshire
Family
A Family Day Out

Hire A Bike:

If you want to see things quicker and are not a fan of running, you can hire a bike in Clumber Park. I joked with the Hubby about coming back on our own for the day and hiring a Tandem.

What did he say to that ??

You decide!!

A. That would be fun  B. Maybe or C. No chance in hell

Oh well, we can not all be good at everything πŸ˜‰

Clumber Park,
A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire.

Now what to do next!?

Walled kitchen Gardens? Garden Tea House?

Garden Tea House:

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire

It looked lovely inside and around the Garden Tea House. They sell a selection of homemade dishes and sweet treats. You can eat inside or outside in the garden. When we were looking around Mollie melted the heart of one of the people who worked here and she rushed off to find Mollie a nice treat.

Walled Kitchen Gardens:

Anyone who reads my blog will know how much I love flowers and taking photos of them. This place is beautiful. So many pretty flowers here. As you can imagine, I have so many photos to share from here. I have picked out a selection of my favourites and I will be sharing the rest next week.

Inside The Giant Conservatory:

Outside In The Walled Kitchen Gardens:

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire

Next up a walk around the big lake and a visit to the bridge.

Clumber Bridge:

A view of the bridge at Clumber park above and from the bridge below.

Clumber Grotto:

On the way back we stumbled upon Clumber Grotto. This was where the water pump was situated. In Victorian days upwards of 500 people lived on the Clumber estate. All needing a good supply of water. Amazingly the machinery is still in place and at times of power failure could still provide an ample water supply. Amazing.

Around The Lake:

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire

I lived even nearer than I do now to Clumber Park when I was growing up. As we have started coming here these past few years, all the memories I had long forgotten have come flooding back.

Playing with my cousins, hiding in the trees, a time of simple innocence and fun.

Hopefully, my Children will have their own fond memories of their time here. With the cameras, we all have nowadays and things like blogs etc. It is so easy to create a lasting memory of any special events in our lives.

How cool would it have been if all of the things we got up to as kids were recorded for posterity?

Although I don’t think I would want my kids seeing all the sweets I ate, or how late I stayed up, or how messy my room was. On second thoughts!!

Listed below is the daily price for entrance into the heart of Clumber.

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire.

Prices List:

Gift Aid   Standard
Adult                                     Β£3.85    Β£3.50
Child                                     Β£1.95    Β£1.75
Family                                   Β£9.65   Β£8.75
Family (1 Adult, 2 Children) Β£5.80   Β£5.25

If you are one of the 4 million plus members of the National Trust obviously access is FREE.

A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire:

Have you ever visited Clumber Park before?

Are you a member of The Nation Trust?

About this post: I’m working with My Voucher Codes and the National Trust promoting great family days out in Nottingham. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I work with.

Sharing out outdoor fun over at Coombe Mill and My Sunday Photo.

Some Other Day’s Out In Nottingham:

Nottingham Gets Set To Celebrate National Walking Month With β€˜One Big Walk In The Park’.

Fun At Sherwood Pines: Nottingham.

Fun In Nottingham.

Walk Around Newstead Abbey.

Royal Robin Redbreast #hoodwinked2018.

Judge Robin #hoodwinked2018.

Robo Robin #hoodwinked2018.

Latest From The Blog:

56 responses to “A Family Day Out In Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire”

1. Claire Cooper says:

I haven't been to Clumber in years. But I remember going loads at a child. It was so close to home that there were many afternoon walks there. Live too far away to visit very often these days

2. jo says:

Clumber Park looks great! We've never been – it's a bit too far for us (we're S London) – but I'll bear it in mind as one of my stops on the way home type places – lots of fresh air and the bicycles appeal to me! #countrykids

3. Coombe Mill says:

I can see why you love Clumber Park so much, there really is something for you all. I can see my kids loving a day like this too, it really is perfect for older kids and I love that you all go running. I don't think I'd ever see Farmer Nick running but me and the kids would love it. It looks so pretty too and your photos from the gardens are beautiful. I want to visit! Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

4. Keitha says:

Your pictures are beautiful! I love the pic of the birds taking flight. I don't think my hubby would go for a family run, but my son would. When we can manage to fit it in, scuba diving is our family activity. Thanks for sharing your fun filled day. #CountryKids

5. SarahMummy says:

Lovely photos. I never visited Clumber Park, even though we lived in Nottingham for five years. I did work in McDonalds in Clumber Street though!I'm guessing your hubby went for option C with the tandem!Love that your family combine running with a day out.

6. Darren Coleshill says:

We love visiting National Trust places. they're great for all the family. Thank you for linking up

7. Michelle Twin Mum says:

This isn't an NT site I've been to but it looks great, they always preset a fabulous day out and are such value if you are a member. Mich x

8. Nic Wilson says:

Looks lovely – I particularly like the sound of the walled garden and conservatory.

9. Carol @Comfort Spring Station says:

Looks like a wonderful place for a family adventure! #MMBC

10. Julie Kay says:

Great post, and I really enjoyed all of your photos!

11. Sara Murray says:

What a lovely way to get out as a family, and what a beautiful place to go running. Gorgeous photos x #countrykids

12. ana de jesus says:

Clumber park is absolutely stunning how have I not heard of it before? I love the sound of the giant conservatory and the gardens are equally as beautiful x

13. Helen J says:

Aww I love it at Clumber Park – my husband used to go every year growing up, so he introduced me to it. We've been for walks, picnics and bike rides there, it's so pretty πŸ™‚

14. Mary @over40andamumtoone says:

This has been on my to do list for ages, looks like you all had a great day out there #CountryKids

15. Map and Family says:

Oops sorry, am trying again ….What a beautiful bridge! I'm not a runner but I'd love to cycle around there. Especially with the option of a cup of tea afterwards!

16. Stephanie Moore says:

That looks a lovely place to visit, we are National Trust members and there are so many great places to visit

17. Scandi Mummy says:

I would probably be more up for the biking than the running, but this looks like a really beautiful area to explore either way x

18. maryabbott says:

Love a good national trust place. Great post!

19. Stella Olojola says:

What a lovely looking park. I like the prices too. Very affordable. I wish I had this around us here.

20. Kara Guppy says:

I love visiting NT properties, there is always something to see and do for all the family

21. Nazrin Miah says:

Jesus woman what camera are you using the photo quality is absolutely brilliant! It looks like you had an amazing time!!!www.nmdiaries.com

22. Debbie Roberts - Debs Random Writings says:

Hi Claire, lovely photos as ever. I didn't manage to get one decent photo of a bumble bee this summer and there you have one with two bumblers in! Clumber Park sounds like a fab family day out and I love that Mollie The Collie was welcome too. It is amazing that something made in Victorian times can still work so well, it shows how things were made to last back then.Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.xx

23. Becky Willoughby says:

That does look a fabulous place and as a runner I would want to get round the lake!

24. Baby Isabella says:

We're massive National Trust fans but haven't visited this property! It looks amazing and love the wildlife around the lake! #CountryKids

25. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) says:

Clumber Park looks like a wonderful place for a day out. It's always lovely when there are so many different paths to explore when going for a run. Love the photo of the bee on the flowers πŸ™‚ #countrykids

26. Lindsey Burton-Harrison says:

I am actually going to Nottingham next week to see family. I think this would make a perfect day out for Leanora and I.

27. Our Fairytale Adventure says:

Awww, what a lovely day out! I love thatched roofs, they are so quaint! I'm glad you all had a lovely time!

28. Helena TheQueenofCollage says:

There are definitely some wonderful National Trust properties about. Thank you for sharing an insight into one of those closest to you. #MMBC