Are you looking for a tasty breakfast recipe?
Fancy trying some of these Avocado Tex Mex Tacos Anyone?
Oh yes please!
This tasty Mexican-inspired dish is great for breakfast, brunch or supper.
We love tortillas for breakfast here, especially with fried eggs in them. Yum yum!! These tacos have mashed avocados in them too, I love avocados, they tasted great.
How To Make Avocado Tex Mex Tacos:
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 2tbsp Pura Coconut Oil
- 60g chorizo, sliced
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp crème fraiche or fresh soured cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander, sliced green chilli and chilli sauce, to serve
How To Make:
- Heat the Pura Coconut Oil in a frying pan and add the chorizo. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Lift out with a draining spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- While the chorizo is cooking, lightly char-grill or grill the tortillas until warmed. Mash half the avocado with a fork and chop the rest into chunks.
- Fry the eggs in the chorizo-flavoured oil in the frying pan, spooning the hot oil over them to cook the surface.
- Place two warm tortillas onto 2 serving plates. Top with mashed avocado, the eggs, chorizo, avocado chunks and crème fraiche or soured cream. Season with black pepper, then serve, sprinkled with fresh coriander, green chilli slices and chilli sauce.
If you’re vegetarian, omit the chorizo or replace it with dry-fried slices of Halloumi cheese.
For a change, serve on lightly toasted slices of sourdough bread instead of tortillas.
Recipe and image courtesy of Pura Coconut Oil
What do you think?
Fancy trying these Avocado Tex Mex Tacos for breakfast.
Great for after a long run!
Are you a fan of avocados?
I love them in breakfast smoothies too.
Let me know if you get to try this recipe.