Happy Friday. It is nearly the weekend. It has soon come around again. Any fun plans or dinner party? Autumn starts today too, nooo I wanted t to be Summer for a little longer!!
Are you planning some last minute BBQ’S/events or just eating some nicely cooked sausages/burgers or tasty vegetables over the weekend and need a nice BBQ sauce to go on top of them?
Fancy making your own BBQ sauce?
How about trying this Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce?
This delicious home-made barbeque sauce is made with a blast of Chipotle chilli for added smoky flavour. Marinate chicken wings and brush over veggie kebabs before throwing them on the barbeque, or use as a dip for sweet potato wedges.
How To Make Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce:
Serves: 1 jar
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 90ml Meridian date syrup
- 1½ tsp mustard powder
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Meridian yeast extract
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 350ml passata
- 75ml Meridian molasses
- 70g unrefined dark brown sugar
What You Do:
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until soft.
2. Add all the other ingredients and bring to a simmer while stirring. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sugar had dissolved and the sauce has become thick. Use straight away or store in the fridge.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
What do you think of this Home-made Chipotle BBQ Sauce?
Fancy making some to go with your dinner this weekend?
Now I am off to plan some fun for the children over the weekend.
I am thinking of going to watch some great runners in Nottingham on Sunday as it is the Robin Hood Half and full marathon.
It does not seem two minutes ago since I was planning training up for this event. I don’t know how I managed to forget all about it!!