Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake.
A classic Autumnal cake with a twist.
The zesty Lime & Lemongrass Cordial contrasts with the sweetness of the carrot while the lip-smackingly good lime-infused icing puckers the mouth!
This cake can be transformed into something scary for Halloween simply with a change of décor – see below and be afraid, be very afraid!
How To Mae A Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake:
- 300g carrots, peeled
- 225ml sunflower oil
- 170g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
- zest of 2 limes
- 325g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For The Frosting:
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 50g full fat soft cheese
- 1tbsp Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
- grated lime zest to decorate
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/Gas 4/Fan 165oC. Lightly oil a 20cm deep cake tin and line the base with baking parchment. Coarsely grate the carrots.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric hand whisk, beat together the oil, sugar and eggs until they are light and fluffy. They need to be thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk heads are lifted.
- Add the carrots and remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture into the cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack. While cake is cooling beat together all your ingredients for the frosting.
- Once the cake is cool, cut in half horizontally. Spread half the icing in the middle of the cake and sandwich together. Spread the remainder over the top and smooth with a palette knife. Decorate with lime zest and serve.
For more of a Halloween feel add orange food colouring to the icing and instead of decorating with lime zest, pipe black icing over the cake to look like a spider’s web, then finish with plastic spiders.
Lime And Lemongrass Carrot Cake. Recipe and images courtesy of Belvoir Fruit Farms.
Fancy trying this Lime & Lemongrass Carrot Cake recipe?
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make some 🙂
You Might Also Like: