I am looking forward to getting healthy again from today. I have just joined the gym again and really looking forward to working out. I think once you have worked hard, you are less likely to eat junk food as you know how hard it will be to work it off.
Love smoothies? Looking for something a little different for you morning treat? Something full of goodness to have before or after a workout?
Fancy trying this Spiced Pumpkin Green Smoothie?
A smoothie full of banana, pumpkin puree, watercress, baby spinach, coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk and finished with a tasty ½ tsp of mixed spice. Yummy!!
What a great colour of goodness too!?
Start your day with this über healthy blend of pumpkin, watercress and spinach sweetened with almond and coconut milks. How tasty? Perfect for Autumn.
Spiced Pumpkin Green Smoothie
The perfect way to use up the pulp from your Halloween pumpkin!
How To Make A Spiced Pumpkin Green Smoothie:
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 small frozen banana
- 50g pumpkin puree (available tinned from most supermarkets)
- 40g watercress
- 40g baby spinach
- 60ml coconut milk
- 80ml unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Add all ingredients to a blender or smoothie maker and blend on high until smooth. Scrape down sides to make sure everything is incorporated and pulse again.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more almond milk if too thick.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to two days.
Recipe c/o: Give yourself a hygge this Autumn and enjoy these delicious, heart-warming recipes. For these and other inspiring recipe ideas, visit Watercress. recipe photography credited: Lara Jane Thorpe.
What do you think of this Spiced Pumpkin Green Smoothie?
Fancy making one?
Try now or Pin for later.
Please share your thoughts in the comments below.