Fancy making some Watercress Power Balls?
Autumn’s the time to heave a sigh of relief, store away the bikini and snuggle back into all-forgiving, baggy jumpers and boots.
But you know you shouldn’t – you should carry on with that exercise regime to keep the body beautiful and healthy, whatever the time of year. Here’s a recipe that might make it all a little easier.
These Watercress Power Balls are great to eat before or after exercise for added energy, but, to be honest they taste so great they’re perfect simply as a healthy snack at your desk!
How To Make Watercress Power Balls:
Preparation: 20 minutes
- 20g watercress
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 40g Medjool dates
- 25g whole hazelnuts
- 10g puffed brown rice
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Manuka honey
- 5g chia seeds
- Juice of ½ an orange
1. Pick the watercress leaves off the stalks and finely chop.
2. Place the pumpkin seeds in a food processor and blend until chopped to a crumb-like consistency. Reserve half of the pumpkin seeds on a plate and add the rest back to the blender.
3. Add all other ingredients to the blender. Blend on full power until everything is thoroughly combined and the mixture has come together, which may take a few minutes.
4. Divide into 12 balls and roll in the ground pumpkin seeds to coat.
5. The balls can be kept for 3-5 days in a refrigerated airtight container.
Recipe c/o: Give yourself a hygge this Autumn and enjoy these delicious, heart-warming recipes. For these and other inspiring recipe ideas, visit Watercress. recipe photography credited: Lara Jane Thorpe.
What do you think of these Watercress Power Balls?
Fancy making some? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below…