Within a few days of the clocks turning back an hour, it feels like we have jumped straight into Winter. Dark chilly evenings and frosty mornings already around here.
Brr. How can an hour make so much difference!? I never even noticed an extra hour in bed either, did you?
The cold chill is about to get colder throughout the week too. I can not think about it getting colder yet, I hate to be cold full stop. I wish I could just jump on a plane and it take me somewhere nice and warm for a few months 💤.
In Winter I love nothing more than keeping wrapped up and nice and warm. I like to layer my clothes up until I cannot move so they keep me cosy and warm. Also, I like to drink nice hot things throughout the day.
Do you like to keep cosy warm in Winter too?
This week I have kindly been sent a Breville Moments Hot Drink Maker to review. How lovely!?
I really liked the look of this machine from the start. You can just pop in your favourite instant coffee, hot chocolates or both inside and add milk or water of your choice, to make hot frothy drinks. I could not wait for it to arrive to get started.
I had been looking for a new coffee machine for a while now. I wanted a hot drink maker that also did not only take a specially expensive sized pod like some coffee machines do. I wanted something that you can buy any brands of coffee or hot chocolate that you would like to use. To make it more usable and not always expensive to use.
Also, I wanted something that made my morning cappuccino a little bit healthier for you than my usual go-to sweetened with artificial flavours and added powdered milky coffees, that I am always buying. They do taste nice but cannot imagine them being too good for you filled with chemicals and dried milk!?
Lastly, I wanted a nice and smart that is slimline so it does not take up to much room in the kitchen.
So all in all a nice drinks maker, that looks good in the kitchen, does not take much room up and I can make up my morning cappuccino/ latte or mocha up before we are rushing around getting everyone ready for the day ahead with affordable drinks of my choice and not pods. This ticks all the boxes so far..
When it arrived, first up I got everything out of the box and read the easy to follow instructions. They recommend that you take all the parts to bits first and give everything a wash before starting. So that is what I did.
Then I fill the flask with cold water and just started with water to give the machine a proper rinse first.
Giving my hot drinks maker a flush through with hot water first. Eek, I did not screw the top on the flask properly and it was making some squeaky noises. I then waited for the water to cool down and started again.
Also, I was getting a little worried when I flushed the water through it as it did not seem to come out very fast so I made sure everything was in place and tightly fitted back together and made up some hot chocolate.
Perfect when a plan comes together!
About The Breville Moments Hot Drink Maker:
- Whether you are a fan of coffee or a hot chocolate lover; the Breville Moments Hot Drink Maker is the machine for you. Slim, compact and modern, it’s a great fit for your kitchen.
- Using instant coffee instead of a pod capsule like other coffee machines, the Breville Moments uses instant coffee – making it cheaper to use but without compromising the taste.
- Using your favourite instant coffee and choice of milk, the Breville Moments Hot Drink Maker will create authentic tasting cafe lattes, cappuccino’s in under a minute.
- It can create a variety of delicious hot milky beverages for the whole family, such as hot chocolate, mocha, babycino and malted milk drinks.
- If you fancy treating yourself, add chopping chocolate into your cup or your favourite syrup and have Indulgent Moments in an Instant with Breville.
- Whatever your favourite instant coffee, this can be teamed with your fresh choice of milk; almond, soya, coconut, semi-skimmed or other, to create a delicious authentic tasting coffee drink.
- Pop your coffee into the mixing chamber, add your milk into the milk container and hold the lever down to watch the milk froth and swirl around the mixing chamber before dispensing deliciously hot frothy coffee into your cup.
- Make it according to your taste preferences adding as much or little as your life – your coffee, your milk, exactly the way you like it.
- 500ml milk capacity makes 2 mugs or 4 small cups.
- 400ml water boiler makes approximately 30 cups – depending on cup size.
- Heats up in approximately 3 minutes
- Easy to use dial operation with 3 settings (off/heat up/dispense).
- Power on and ready to use indicator light
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Easy to clean removable drip tray
- Price: RRP £109.98 at the minute it is on offer at £69.98
I was really pleased with how fast it made my streaming hot cholate drink up once everything was checked and I was really surprised how frothy my hot chocolate came out. How yummy!!
It was red hot. I love my drinks red hot. I never got this hot with my old pod machine either. I am really impressed with this Breville Moments Hot Drinks Maker. It is easy to use, clean and look after and makes the tastiest and frothy drinks of your choice. I am looking forward to getting some creamed Whiskey for Christmas now, can not wait to try some in my afternoon coffee.
I did, however, get splashed with hot water the first time I used it as it did leak a little hot water. I now make sure my hand is more towards the back of the machine instead of the front, just in case.
I need to buy a new latte glass now as this one above is my favourite but just a little bit too tall. It poured into it nicely though.
About this post: I got sent a Breville Moments Hot Drink Maker to review. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts are my own.