Today I have a nice and healthy Watercress recipe to share with you, Crayfish, Avocado and Watercress Salad with Cucumber and Lime Butter. Salads, not just for Summer!?
Today we experiment with a whole host of ingredients combining the most mouth-watering flavours for a satisfying meal.
This in-season British watercress, grown in flowing spring water in beds around Hampshire and Dorset. This little salad leaf adds a powerful peppery punch to any dish, as well as a healthy kick.
Watercress is the original superfood containing more than 50 vital vitamins and minerals, while research suggests that there is a link between watercress and cancer prevention.
With British watercress easily available in all major supermarkets until October and the delicious recipes below, there’s really no excuse not to add more watercress to your diet:
A deliciously light crayfish salad complemented by the sharpness of the lime butter.
How To Make A Crayfish, Avocado and Watercress Salad with Cucumber and Lime Butter:
Serves 4 as a starter or 2 as a main meal
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250g of cooked crayfish
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
- 1 cucumber
- 85g watercress
- 1 ripe avocado
For The Lime Butter:
- 50ml fresh lime juice
- 65g cold butter, diced
How To Make This Crayfish, Avocado And Watercress Salad With Cucumber And Lime Butter Recipe:
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber lengthways into ribbons, discarding the centre.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone, peel and slice into thin strips.
- Place the lime juice in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium-low heat. Whisk in the butter one cube at a time, until completely melted and fully combined. Whisk in the chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the watercress, cucumber and avocado among four plates. Top with the crayfish and drizzle with lime butter. Serve immediately.
What are your thoughts?
Fancy making this recipe up?
Recipe courtesy of: Make the most of the Summer and enjoy healthy alfresco dining with these and other great salad recipes featuring Watercress. Photography Credits: Lara Jane Thorpe