Happy Wednesday. How is your week going so far? Good, I hope. Are you following a low carb diet? Are you wanting to eat more veggies? If so, how about trying out this recipe roasted cauliflower recipe out?
Low Carb Cauliflower Roast – swap your roast potatoes for this delicious treat. How tasty!? A great alternative to roast potatoes.
If you are craving a roast dinner but want to keep to your low-carb diet, this is the recipe for you. Replace the carb-loaded side dishes that typically accompany a traditional roast dinner with the Free From Fairy’s scrumptious low-carb alternative.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- Olive oil for drizzling
How To Cook A Low Carb Cauliflower Roast:
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200 o C (180 o C fan, gas mark 6).
2) Mix together the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, cumin and paprika.
3) Wash the cauliflower and remove the outer green leaves. Dab it dry with kitchen paper and place onto a baking tray lined with tin foil.
4) Spread the oil mixture onto the whole cauliflower, rubbing it into each floret.
5) Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
6) Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the lemon zest and garlic, and drizzle with olive oil.
7) Bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
Serve with steamed green veggies, a leafy green salad and thinly cut slices of peppery roast beef.
Recipe courtesy of Currys PC World / Free From Fairy: Tech Talk Currys.
What do you think?
Fancy trying out this low carb cauliflower recipe?
Try now also Pin for another day.
Let me know in the comments below if you get to make one of these cauliflower roasts.