A Caramel Christmas Showstopper From Bonne Maman.
Fancy making a Caramel Christmas Showstopper?
Are you bored of the same old Christmas pudding and mince pies every year? If so, why not try this Caramel Christmas Meringue recipe out?
Bonne Maman introduces a fantastic alternative – a soft, mallowy meringue layered with caramel and caramel cream then frosted with toasted almonds and icing sugar – a delicious and super pretty festive dessert to wow your dinner guests this festive season.
Bonne Maman’s ‘Caramel Christmas Meringue’ is a wonderful showcase for the French specialist conserves brand’s new Salted Caramel, a deliciously rich caramel, lightly seasoned with Guérande sea salt from the North Western coast of France. For a deeper, more intense caramel taste this winter wonderland showstopper works equally well with Bonne Maman’s new Hazelnut Praline Caramel.
How To Make A Caramel Christmas Showstopper From Bonne Maman:
- 5 egg whites
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tsp distilled malt vinegar
- 300ml carton double cream
- 60g Bonne Maman Salted Caramel or Hazelnut Praline Caramel
- 50g shredded toasted almonds
- Icing sugar
- Icing snowflakes
A Caramel Christmas Showstopper From Bonne Maman Method:
- Heat the oven to 110C, 90C fan oven, mark low. With a pencil, mark a 22.5cm square on a sheet of baking parchment and turn over, pencil down, onto a large baking sheet.
- Mix together the egg whites, sugar and vinegar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of gently simmering water and beat with an electric whisk for 10 minutes or until very stiff and shiny.
- Spread the meringue mixture into the marked square and bake for 40 minutes then cool. The meringue will feel soft and mallowy and the top just slightly firm.
- Whip the cream until it just holds its shape and folds in half the caramel. Keep whisking slowly for a few more seconds until the cream is just firm enough to spread.
- Cut the square into 3 lengths, each roughly 7.5cm x 22.5cm. Using a palette knife, lift one length of meringue onto a serving platter and spread with about a third of the cream. Drizzle with half the remaining caramel and place the second length of meringue on top and spread again with cream. Drizzle with the remaining caramel and top with the final meringue.
- Scatter the top with the almonds, dust with icing sugar and add edible snowflakes, to serve.
- The assembled Caramel Christmas Meringue, without the almond decoration, will freeze for up to 1 month – meaning you can play the perfect host knowing dessert is under control, simply thaw in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
A Caramel Christmas Showstopper From Bonne Maman Recipe c/o Bonne Maman
Bonne Maman Salted Caramel and Hazelnut Praline Caramel are now available nationally from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Tesco and Morrisons as well as Ocado, Amazon and independent fine food stores. Salted Caramel £2.19 rrp and Hazelnut Praline Caramel £2.39 for 220gm jar.
You Might Also Like These Showstopping Recipes:
How To Make A Banana Split Cake: A Showstopping Cake Recipe.
Neapolitan Style Drip Cake: Showstopping Cakes.
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue.
BerryWorld Hazelnut Meringue Layer Cake With Strawberries And Raspberries.
BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With Cointreau Orange Cream.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: