BerryWorld Cranberry and Goats Cheese Filo Parcels.
These golden, tasty crispy parcels are perfect for parties, plus they can be made and frozen ahead of time and simply cooked on the day.
BerryWorld Cranberry and Goats Cheese Filo Parcels:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time 10 – 12 minutes
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 100g caster sugar
- Juice and grated zest of half an orange
- Filo pastry (10 x30 x26cm sheets approx 220g packet)
- 200g goats cheese
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Rocket leaves
What to do:
1. Place the cranberries in a saucepan with the sugar and add the orange zest and juice. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 8-10 minutes until the cranberries have softened. Leave to cool.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6. Make the parcels by placing a sheet of filo pastry on the work surface (keep the remaining sheets covered in cling film). Brush the sheet with a little of the olive oil, place another sheet on top, brush evenly with a little more oil. Cut into four squares.
3. Place a 10g chunk of goats cheese in the middle of each square and top with a small teaspoonful of the cranberry sauce, fold the pastry around the filling and scrunch the top so it holds together, brush all over with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Continue until you have used all the filo sheets and goats cheese. Reserve the remaining cranberry sauce to serve with the parcels.
4. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve warm with an extra spoonful of the cranberry sauce, garnish with rocket leaves.
Cooks Tip: The goat’s cheese can be replaced with blue cheese. To freeze, place uncooked parcels on a tray and open freeze before carefully covering in foil. Cook from frozen for a few minutes more.
Recipe and image courtesy of BerryWorld
What do you think of this BerryWorld Cranberry and Goats Cheese Filo Parcels recipe?
Fancy making some?
As always, share your thoughts in the comments below ↓